Criticism is the most negatively perceived word. People take it as the negative feeling that is not acceptable. But on the contrary, it is just the way of expressing beliefs or perception. In simple words, it is just an impression that the other person gets of you based on your behavior and judged by your mistakes.
Let’s discuss if this Criticism is good or bad.
· Criticism is constructive. If no one will tell you your flaws, there are no chances for improvement. Take criticism as feedback and not a judgment against you.
· Scope of improvement. Whether the feedback is given against you or your product, it gives you the scope of improvement. Whatever feedbacks are given to you, use them to your advantage and leave no scope improvement. Look at the wider picture.
· No grudges. When you are open to some good feedbacks, there are no grudges left. People can speak in front of you so there’s no scope left for grudges or ill talking.
· Portrays your strengths. If you take the criticism positively and with a healthy perspective of change, it will help create a stronger personal image of you. It will indicate how great leader you are.
· Undue advantage. Not everyone understands the true meaning. People use criticism to their own advantage. Sometimes to just put the person or the product down to let out their personal grudges.
· Lowers the Confidence. If a person has to face fake criticism, given in a rude tone of voice, it lowers his/her confidence level to a great level.
· Pulls the productivity back. If a product is to the mark and there are no changes required in it. But just to satisfy the lure of giving some negativity, the person points some invalid changes out. Now the time given to take such criticism is a total waste and will lower the productivity level.
Hence, it can be rightly concluded that criticism is not bad but the way it is given and perceived decides its nature. If given politely and fairly, it works well but the negative impact comes with the perception of the way of saying it.